DISCOVER & EXPLORE
09.00 - Delegate Arrival
10.00 - Welcome & Introduction
10.15 - Individual Serviced Plots & Custom Build - Defining the Opportunity
- Definition of Service Plots and Custom Build
- Analysis of the current UK market and current delivery models
- What can we learn from mature overseas markets
10.45 - Quantifying Potential Demand
- Current levels of public awareness and demand
- Will choice really widen the appeal of newbuild?
- How individual serviced plots complement the speculative house building model
11.15 - Coffee & Networking
12.00 - The Wider Socio-Economic Impact of Custom Build
- Is the UK market ready for choice - and can the sector deliver it?
- Overcoming the challenges of a deeply conservative planning regime
- Will consumer choice prove a better driver of quality than the profit motive?
12.30 - The Changing Legislative Framework
- The changing planning environment and snapshot of local council responses to the Right to Build legislation
- Tax incentives, exemptions and other ways to capture additional planning gain
- The role in meeting wider policy objectives for new homes including diversity, sustainability and affordability
13.30 - Lunch & Managed Networking
AFTERNOON BREAKOUT SESSIONS
We then have two insightful and interactive breakout sessions to attend from 2.30pm-3.30pm and 4pm-5pm.
- Development Finance
- A guide to funding for Serviced Plots and Custom Build development. Plus, a look at warranties.
- Promoting Land Incorporating Individual Serviced Plots
- Tax planning for landowners and serviced plot providers
- ( CGT, VAT, SDLT, CIL Exemption & more) - KPMG / Legal
- Bring Forward Community Led Housing Projects
- Development funding, Mortgage lending and valuation for the custom build sector – BuildStore
- Ensuring High Quality Design and Placemaking
- Using Design Codes, Local Development Orders
- Bringing Forward Affordable Custom Build Homes
- Opportunities to deliver affordable housing through Custom Build